A27 Lining Refreshment Scheme – A27 Chichester Bypass
Message from A-one+
A-one+, on behalf of Highways England will be carrying out the refreshment of white lining and stud replacement along the A27 Chichester Bypass between Fishbourne Roundabout and Portfield Roundabout.
In order to carry out these works as efficiently and safely as possible, work will be carried out under 5 phases, which will require overnight carriageway and lane closures between 8pm and 6am from Monday 12 October 2020 to Wednesday 21 October 2020. No weekend working and the works are weather dependent.
Emergency vehicles will always be provided with access through the works.
Clearly signed diversion will be in place suitable for all types of vehicles.
Fishbourne Roundabout – Stockbridge Roundabout – Whyke Roundabout
12 October 2020 and Tuesday 13 October 2020
• Full closure of the A27 Chichester bypass between Warblington Interchange to Fishbourne Roundabout eastbound.
• Traffic will be diverted onto the A259 at Warblington to re-join the A27 at Fishbourne Roundabout
• Full closure of the A27 between Fishbourne Roundabout and Wyke Roundabout east and westbound.
• Eastbound traffic will be diverted onto the A259, A286, A259 to re-join the A27 at Bognor Roundabout. Westbound traffic should follow the diversion in reverse.
• No entry/exit onto Terminus Road at Fishbourne Roundabout. A286 to follow the above diversion to join the A27 at Bognor Roundabout.
• Stockbridge Roundabout to Terminus Road. North and southbound. Traffic to join the A286 to follow the main diversion east or westbound.
• Stockbridge roundabout to St George’s drive. North and southbound. Join the B2011 eastbound to join the B2145 to re-join the A27 at Whyke Roundabout
Stockbridge Roundabout – Whyke Roundabout – Bognor Roundabout
Wednesday 14 October 2020 and Thursday 15 October 2020
• Full closure of the A27 eastbound between Stockbridge Roundabout and Oving Road.
• Traffic will be diverted north onto the A286 and A285 to join the A27 at Portfield Roundabout.
• Eastbound traffic between Stockbridge Roundabout and Whyke Roundabout will be diverted southbound onto the A286, B2011 and B2145 to re-join at Whyke Roundabout.
• Westbound traffic between Bognor Roundabout and Stockbridge Roundabout will be diverted onto the A259 to join the a286 south to Stockbridge roundabout.
• Whyke roundabout to Whyke Road. North and southbound. Northbound take the A259 to join the main diversion. Southbound follow th4e main diversion southbound to Whyke Roundabout.
• Bognor Roundabout to Oving Road Eastbound. Traffic will be diverted onto the A259 to join Oving Road eastbound.
Whyke Roundabout – Bognor Roundabout – Portfield Roundabout
Friday 16 October 2020 and Monday 19 October 2020
• Full closure of the A27 east and westbound between Whyke Roundabout and Portfield Roundabout.
• Traffic travelling eastbound to Whyke roundabout will be diverted onto the A286, A1285 to Portfield Roundabout. Traffic travelling westbound will follow the diversion in reverse from Portfield roundabout.
• Whyke Roundabout to Bognor Roundabout east and westbound closure. Traffic will be diverted southbound onto the B2145, east on the B2166. Take Vinnetrow Road north to join Bognor Roundabout. Westbound traffic to follow the diversion in reverse.
• Bognor Roundabout to Oving Road Junction (B2144) east and westbound closure.
• No access to and from Oving Road. Traffic will be diverted onto the A259 eastbound to join the A29 north to Fontwell Roundabout. Follow the A27 westbound to Portfield Roundabout to join the main westbound diversion.
Portfield and Fishbourne Roundabouts
Tuesday 20 October 2020 – Inner lane ring management
Wednesday 21 October 2020 – Outer lane ring management
Residents with access only from the A27 between the closure points will be provided with escorted access from the manned gates, though there may be a short wait whilst the works area is made safe.